This is definitely one of our staples now! We’ve made some tweaks and changes until we finally found the right combination of delicious ingredients, so here’s our perfected recipe! Take it and tweak it to make it your own if you choose! 🙂
2 Tbsp butter
6 large leeks, sliced
7 cups chicken broth (I use water mixed with better than buillion chicken base)
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
8 Tbsp corn starch mixed in small amount cold water
Bacon crumbles (desired amount)
1/8 cup minced garlic
10-12 cups cubed potatoes (I prefer red)
1/4 cup diced jalapeños (Or to taste)
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of sugar
4-6 cups frozen corn
2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed (I cook in the IP while I prep the other ingredients)
1 tsp of each: turmeric, Montreal steak seasoning, dried thyme, dried oregano, chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder
1. Turn IP on sauté, and adjust to medium heat if necessary. Melt butter and add sliced leeks, garlic, and jalapeños. Sauté for approx. 2 minutes. Turn IP off.
2. Stir in broth, add potatoes, seasonings (except sugar), bay leaf, bacon and chicken.
3. Add cornstarch/water mixture, and stir well.
4. Cook on manual for 10 minutes, let pressure release naturally for several minutes, then quick release (turn valve to “vent”) the rest of the way.
5. Stir in corn, sugar, and whipping cream until heated through.